[Unlock Answer From 10/Pg] Word Doc Week
Week 5 Assignment: Slide Analysis and Outline
- Due Sunday by 11:59pm
- Points 100
- Submitting a file upload
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: review Chapter 3, 6, 7
- Link (Word doc): Week 5 Assignment Template Download Week 5 Assignment Template(Use this template to complete the assignment.)
- Minimum of 4 scholarly sources (in addition to the textbook lesson)
This week you continue the individual assignment, working toward completing your Week 7 PowerPoint presentation.
PowerPoint Project Timeline
PowerPoint Topic and Organization
PowerPoint Outline Rough Draft
PowerPoint Outline Final Draft, Images, and Sources
Part A: Slide Analysis
Review the three slides below considering the slide layout, design, font size, colors used and overall visual appeal. Analyze the three slides for what works well and what should be changed to improve each slide. Write a two-paragraph summary for each image using the following headings:
- Slide # What Works Well
- (paragraph response)
- Slide # What Needs to be Improved
- (paragraph response)
You will provide a two-paragraph analysis for each of the following three images, with a total analysis of six paragraphs.
Click on the arrow to see each slide.
Part B: Outline Rough Draft
As you continue to develop the outline for your PowerPoint presentation, you will be confirming your thesis, main ideas, and adding a fourth source to your list of sources to be used. Remember, the first slide in the PowerPoint will act as your title slide. On that slide you will include the title of the presentation, your name as the presenter, the school’s name, and the date.
Include and submit the following components:
- Title page (title of speech, name of presenter, audience prepared for – school or institution, date)
- You can use this information to create your first slide in PowerPoint.
- General topic, specific topic, and thesis statement
- Three main points with at least two working sub points that will make up the body of the speech
- Reference section with a minimum of four authoritative, outside scholarly sources
- These sources can include the source titles referenced during Week 4.
- Anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable.
- References must be written in APA format with hanging indents, in alphabetical order, and with everything double spaced.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 2-3 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 4 scholarly sources)
This activity will be graded based on W5 Analysis & Outline Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 3
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday