[Unlock Answer From 10/Pg] Psychologist Misconduct ” Download
Ethical Pitfalls for Psychology Professionals
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, read the Grenyer & Lewis (2012) “Prevalence, Prediction, and Prevention of Psychologist Misconduct” Download Prevalence, Prediction, and Prevention of Psychologist Misconduct”article and the Board of Professional Affair’s Advisory Committee on Colleague Assistance’s (2008) Professional Health and Well-being for (Links to an external site.) Psychologists (Links to an external site.), Communication Staff’s (2005) Tips from Practitioners on Finding Work-Life Balance (Links to an external site.), and Advisory Committee on Colleague Assistance (2010) Tips for Self-Care (Links to an external site.)online articles.
- Select two complaints presented in the Grenyer & Lewis (2012) article (see Table 1) and explain the ramifications of these violations applying the APA’s (2017) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct (Links to an external site.) to each situation.
- Assess the role of the APA in assisting psychology professionals in the identification of potential areas of misconduct.
- Describe and recommend a course of action to avoid these areas.
- Evaluate the contemporary role of psychology professionals and elaborate on the relationship between self-care and the issue of maintaining ethical principles and professional standards.
- Identify one or two self-care tips, tools, or suggested courses of action provided on the APA’s Self-care resources for psychologists (Links to an external site.) website that might address the issues which lead to the chosen complaints.