[Unlock Answer From 10/Pg] One Paragraph Per Question
The purpose of this assignment is to help you stay on-track for completing your Harm Reduction Interview and attending 12-step meetings for your assignments due in Weeks 5 and 6 of our course. These assignments require some planning-ahead.
Please briefly respond to the following questions.
1) Who do you plan to interview for your Harm Reduction Interview? Why have you selected this person and what type of harm reduction program does this person provide services in? Please identify two individuals or programs you seek to contact in case one does not work out.
2) Which 12-step meetings do you plan to attend? (Reminder: you are encouraged to attend digital 12-step meetings to support Covid-19 stay at home orders and social distancing precautions) You are encouraged to contact the individuals/ programs you’ve identified for the Harm Reduction interview right away. Scheduling the interview can take time, and it’s best not to wait until the last minute.
- It is okay to use first-person language.
- 2 paragraphs of written text (one paragraph per question).
- This paper can be brief
- The paper does not need to be double-spaced.
- The paper does not need to be in APA style.
Resources to find 12-step Meetings in Your Area/ Online
For the 12-step participation paper you have three options:
- Attend two face-to-face meetings in your local area
- Attend two online meetings (which you may feel more comfortable with during Covid-19)
- Attend one face-to-face meeting and one online meeting
As a reminder: at least one of the 12-step meetings must be an Alcoholics Anonymous or A.A. meeting.
It is important to make sure that you attend meetings that are marked as “open” meetings unless you identify as being in recovery. An open meeting is open to anyone who would like to attend. A closed meeting is only open to persons who identify as belonging to the organization. Out of respect for the recovering community, please follow these guidelines.
Although the 12-step meetings are not therapy sessions, it is best practices to keep the content of the meeting confidential in the sense that you do not share names in your posts/ writing and you do not publicly identify the events and content of the meeting. As a class, we will hold this information confidential between us.
Resource to find face-to-face meetings in your local area
- https://aa.org/pages/en_US/find-local-aa (Links to an external site.)
- https://www.na.org/meetingsearch/ (Links to an external site.)
- You may also need to spend some time searching the web. This is a helpful exercise to go through, as finding meetings is not always easy. Learning to do this will help clients in the future!
Resource to find online meetings
- You can find online meetings to attend here: http://www.aa-intergroup.org/