[Unlock Answer From 10/Pg] Must Initiate Empiric Antibiotic
Research and discuss the philosophy and methods of antibiotic selection and stewardship. Select and address one of the focus areas below. Support your answer with two or three peer-reviewed resources.
- Discuss antibiotic stewardship and the role you play in this as a nurse practitioner.
- Discuss antibiotic resistance.
- Discuss what resources are available for antibiotic selection.
- Explain how to obtain and interpret microbiology cultures/sensitivities.
- Explain antibiograms.
- Discuss when is it appropriate to withhold antibiotics until a pathogen can be identified versus when you must initiate empiric antibiotic therapy while the pathogen is still being identified.
- Explain what is meant by local or geographic antibiotic resistance.
- Explain when it is appropriate to consult an infectious disease specialist.