[Unlock Answer From 10/Pg] Instructions Watch Topictoggleyour Activityenter
Watch TopicToggleYour ActivityEnter Fullscreen
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: review Chapter 3, 6, 7
- Minimum of 1 video
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook/lesson)
Initial Post Instructions
For the initial post, address the following:
- Why is knowing your audience an important part of capturing and maintaining their attention?
- What cultural considerations do you need to take into account for your particular audience/topic?
- How are you going to keep the audience’s attention throughout the speech?
- Find at least one example on YouTube, TEDx, or other video repositories of good attention-getting examples. Post the URL and explain how the video is a good model for capturing the audience’s attention. The video can be on any topic but must be appropriate for sharing.
- Make sure to include a scholarly source to support your points.
In place of the textbook citation, you will need to integrate and cite the video you selected as well as a scholarly source.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least one peer or the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 2 posts (1 initial & 1 follow-up)
- Minimum of 2 sources cited (video and an outside scholarly source)
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines (Links to an external site.)
Course Outcomes (CO): 5, 6
- Recommended completion date for initial post: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Wednesday
- Due Date for all posts: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
- Posts must be on separate days