[Unlock Answer From 10/Pg] Develop Effective Behavior Management
Students with ASD can demonstrate a variety of behaviors that may affect their success in the inclusive classroom. It is important that teachers be proactive, not reactive, when addressing behaviors. This includes establishing specific supports and goals for students with ASD to develop effective behavior management skills.
Review the provided case study for Benjamin from the IRIS Center, then in 500-750 words complete the following:
- Summarize Benjamin’s past developmental and educational history.
- Summarize how ASD has affected him, including a discussion of strategies that have been successful.
- Create a plan to support Benjamin’s behavioral needs at his current life stage, including two specific goals for behavior.
- Provide a rationale for the goals and specific strategies his family can use to support him.
- Describe three specific strategies and/or activities that can be used to support behavioral skills for students with ASD in the inclusive classroom.
Support your explanations with 3-5 scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.