[UNLOCK ANSWER @10/PG]: Quality Improvement Models
What is the best way to implement quality improvement? What particular strategies and/or models should be used when developing a plan? Throughout the past 7 weeks, you have explored quality improvement in healthcare and nursing practice, and you will continue this exploration by analyzing specific quality improvement models. What models might work best in your nursing practice or healthcare organization?
Healthcare is complex and varied; therefore, quality improvement cannot be a one-sized fits all approach. To fit the complex and varied needs of an organization, there are multiple strategies and methods to implement quality improvement.
For this Discussion, select one quality improvement model to explore and analyze. Using the selected model, consider how this model might be implemented in your healthcare organization or nursing practice. Examine the effectiveness of this model and consider how this model might be applied to address impacts to adverse events for nursing practice.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week, and reflect on the different quality improvement models presented.
- Select one quality improvement model from the following to focus on for this Discussion:
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA)
- Reflect on the quality improvement model you selected, and consider how it might be implemented in your healthcare organization or nursing practice.
By Day 3 of Week 8
Post a brief explanation of the quality improvement model you selected, including a description of the components that make up this model. Be specific. Then, explain how this quality improvement model might be implemented in you healthcare organization or nursing practice in response to an adverse event requiring quality improvement. Be specific and provide examples.