Mr. Sweet, 38 years old, is brought to the Emergency Department nonresponsive.
PMHX: DM I (Diabetes Type 1) and he has been sick for the last 3 days
Blood sugar: 532
ABGs: pH 7.08, HCO3 12, and CO2 28
VS (vital signs): HR 116, BP 107/64, RR 36 (deep and rapid rate), Temp 101.5 F
Answer the following questions:
- What nursing interventions do expect to be ordered for Mr. Sweet? (Be sure to include specific medications you would expect ordered for this patient as medications are part of nursing interventions).
- What is the rationale for these interventions & medications?
- What type of acid-base disturbance does this patient have? Is it compensated, partially compensated, or not compensated?
- What is Mr. Sweet’s primary Medical Diagnosis?
- Provide at least 1 reference and citation
- Please make an initial post by the due date listed, and respond to at least two other student’s posts by Saturday with substantial details that demonstrate an understanding of the concepts, and critical thinking. Remember that your posts must exhibit appropriate writing mechanics including using proper language, cordiality, and proper grammar and punctuation. At least 1 reference and citation is required for each response post.