1. At what body mass index (BMI) is a person considered to be overweight but not obese?
2. Going on and off starvation diets will hinder long –term weight loss because this type of dieting
3. Essential fat makes up approximately _____ percent of total body weight in men and approximately _____ percent of total body weight in women.
4. Jenny binge eats and then secretly vomits. What eating disorder does she suffer from?
5. Research has determined that there is health risk associated with how fat is distributed in the body. From a health standpoint, the most risky distribution of body fat is having more fat
6. To lose one pound, you must burn approximately how many calories?
7. Through our relationships with others, we fulfill our need for
8. Which of the following is true about communication patterns between men and women?
9. According to anthropologist Helen Fisher, attraction and falling in love follow a pattern based on
10. Ben and Melissa have a very strong relationship where they are able to give and receive emotionally to one another without a fear of rejection or being hurt. This example demonstrates Ben and Melissa
11. Which one of the following is characteristic of intimate relationships?
12. All of the following are fundamental elements of trust, EXCEPT:
13. Terms such as behavioral interdependence, need fulfillment, and emotional availability describe which type of relationship?
14. Medications that may decrease the effectiveness of oral contraceptives include
15. One main advantage of the sponge as a contraceptive device is
16. Which one of the following is not true about condoms?
17. According to Sternberg’s Triangular Theory of Love, which of the following is true?
18. Lovers tend to pay attention to the other person even when they should be involved in other activities. This is called
19. Which of the following statements is true about female sterilization?
20. Which of the following is not a barrier contraceptive?
21. Marie’s boyfriend told her he just got home from the clinic where he learned he had gonorrhea. Which of the following statements is true?
22. To effectively cleanse hands, one needs to
23. You want to decrease your risk of developing a chronic disease. Which of the following factors can you control?
24. What is pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)?
25. The major risk factor for chronic bronchitis is
26. HIV cannot be transmitted through
27. Taking excessive drugs on a continual basis, even when it is not necessary to describes
28. When women drink alcohol during pregnancy they can produce significant brain damage called __________ in the fetus.
30. Using a nicotine patch for smoking cessation is an example of
31. Using a drug for a purpose other than which it is intended is an example of
32. Jason doesn’t see that his addiction to heroin is self-destructive. He is experiencing